Thursday, January 20, 2011

mono

Mono not only means monkey in spanish, but also cute, which happens to be my favorite word. That and rude, which is maleducado. Now that I've learned those, I can come home. PSYCH. We made a roomie dinner tuesday night, chicken, rice and veggies. We felt pretty spanish as well because we started eating at 8 and didn't leave the dinner table until midnight, just like those spaniards do. My cafeteria friend gave me my donut for 10 cents when its usually a euro, and also asked where I am from. Soon I think I will be getting a free tostada every day. Yesterday, Maria and I went on a mission to get pizza, and once again my lack of knowledge of spanish worked against me. Anchovies on my pizza instead of artichokes. Grossy. Maria, being fluent, then told the man that I get sick if I eat fish so he made me a new one. Thanks! A bunch of our group went to a bar last night called Maloneys, and felt pretty American. Most of the people in there were international students or Americans, the bartenders spoke english, they played only American music, and there was beer pong. It was tons of fun though, and we ate too many cheese puffs. Tapas at bars might be my favorite thing about Spain, snacking is a favorite hobby. Getting home at 5 and having class at 10 is probably not the best idea, but hey, you only live in Spain once, right? (You're welcome mom.) In my spanish class, we played a scattegories type game, and me and Hoon, the Korean were on a team, against the three other boys, and needless to say an asian and a woman make a pretty amazing team. We've had a few rematches and we are just unstoppable. I think I might be learning as much about korean culture as I am spanish. Two for one deal I guess. Korean noodles from the chino stores are also becoming a staple item. We bought all that the store had today. I wonder if I will ever be not tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment