Monday, January 17, 2011

constant hunger

Still haven't found food I like. We googled and found a Taco bell that was on the other side of town and it was the most dissapointing part of my trip so far. I saw the bell from afar and literally sprinted up the escalator to eat this comfort food. It not only took 10 minutes to order because I suck at spanish and I am picky, but it was awful. So sad. But you can order cerveza there, which is weird but I stuck to coke. Maria and I also decided that since we both need our haircut, that getting one at the mall would be a good idea. PSYCH it wasn't. My long hair I have been growing out for so long now looks awful. But I'm in Spain, so once again I'm not complaining. And it was only 9 euros. Maybe that should have been a clue to not get a haircut there. Also, my lack of spanish didn't help. We shopped around and I got a pair of shoes for 5 euros. Score. And some ice cream, which made up for the gross t-bell.

The spanish man in the cafeteria loves me. Every time I go in there (3 times a day at least), he gets a big smile on his face, says hola guapa (beautiful) and goes out of his way to help me. He is an older man and knows as much english as I do spanish (zero), and laughs at me every time he sees me. And when he tells me how much it is, and I don't understand and just hand him all my coins, he loves me even more.  Its good to have the cafeteria man on my side.

I bought a bag of m&m's today and realized why American's are obese. Because everything is supersized. The bag was tiiiiiiiiny and I wasn't satisfied, but if that is what you are used to then it's normal. Well, homework time. Buenos noches EEUU

No comments:

Post a Comment