Monday, January 24, 2011

hace frio!!!!!

I feel like such a spoiled California girl. I complain about weather when its 40 degrees back home, heck I probably complain when its 50. So the 22 degree weather we had during the day today made me not happy. We've had such great weather until now, and I thought it would stay nice. But, it is supposed to snow Thursday, and I'm concerned for the well being of the spaniards that drive because they drive terrible when it's not icy/snowy/gross. My clothes are currently on the line drying, and are probably frozen. Today, when leaving our classroom, there was white rocks on the ground, and I said outloud, what is this stuff? Turns out it's salt for when it ices over, and about 10 east coast people were shocked that that came out of my mouth. I should ask someone in private these things before I embarrass myself. My outfit today consisted of: TWO pairs of leggings, thick socks, leg warmers, a shirt, a long-sleeve over it, a sweater, my long peacoat, a scarf, beanie, and boots. And was still cold. But whatever, I'm in Spain.

I learned today that in Korea, Hoon goes to school from 7 am to 11 pm. No wonder asians are so smart. I also tried a hot dog at school. That's the last time I'm branching out.

Last night we went to a pub to watch the Packers/Bears game, and I was surrounded by my Chicago friends so I was alone in rooting for the Packers. The only reason I probably didn't get beat up was because of my claim to fame that Aaron Rodgers eats at my restaurant. And then the bears lost and everyone cried.

I really like top 10 lists, so here is my top 10 favorite things about Spain so far:
1. Euros are like monopoly money, they are pretty and one and two euros are coins. So it's like you're just spending quarters, right?
2. Our apartment, its homey, cute, quaint, we have seen maybe one neighbor, our doorman loves us, we have like 5 deadbolts, we have to light our own pilot light for hot water, the water pressure is a dribble, and I just love it.
3. Chinese babies on the street. They're cute.
4. My roommates. Lucked out on that one.
5. Lack of tv, iphone, constant communication, texting, etc.
6. Bottles of wine for 1.90
7. My go-phone. I don't know how to text on it but I love it. I might put my iphone sim card in it when I get home.
8. Not being able to find anything familiar in the grocery store
9. Spanish. It's pretty.
10. Having to wear a watch because I don't take my phone places.

Not so favorite things:
1. Euros are like monopoly money. Its going to become a real problem.
2. COLD
3. jamon.
4. Running to the metro early in the morning

That's all. I love Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment