Thursday, February 3, 2011

WE FOUND MEXICAN FOOD

Enough said. Nachos galore, chips and salsa, margaritas, and real guacamole. Highlight of the week.

Yesterday was my third favorite day of the year. My half birthday. Obviously I celebrated, like I always do. The girls and Tommy and I decided to go out to celebrate my half birthday. When Tommy and Meghan came back from dinner, they had a puff pastry with a candle in it as a cupcake. So precious. The girls came over and then we went to this place right around the corner from our house. After that, we walked past the bar that was called el raton vaquero or something like that, which translates to the rat cowboy. Clearly we had to go here. When I was trying to find my way to the bathroom, there were these guys playing darts and I asked if I could play. They hastily gave me the darts, (I think I interrupted an intense game), and I shot it and made the bullseye. I had to leave after that because that wasn't going to happen again. But that made me some friends quickly! We all had a blast and I was late to class today. Lo siento Sara. Oh, I also was late to class on Tuesday because I got locked inside my apartment. To get out of the front door of the building you have to push a button, and well it didn't work. I had to call the landlord, our advisor, and wait until someone came to let me out. That was a good excuse for being late though.

Morgan, Maria and I found a little chinese stir-fry place for dinner the other night. It was the closest thing I'm going to find to Hula's, which then made me miss Hula's so much. But it was so yummy and really any food that I find that tastes good seems like the best thing I've ever had in my entire life.

Dakota, Jordan and Savannah turn 12 on Sunday. That's weird. Wish I was home to be with them on their birthday, this will be the first one I've missed ever. Freshman year of college we went to Disneyland, last year I surprised them, and this year I will be in Rome. But their birthday is on the superbowl, which is cool I guess. I'm sure Savannah is already upset that she has to share her birthday once again, and there is probably a list made by Dakota on the fridge that has been there since Christmas of what he wants. If anyone remembers Christmas of 09, CMAS MAD incident, we all know that Dakota is pretty particular on his presents. I seriously have the coolest siblings ever. Today my friend Jake and I were talking and somehow the kids got brought up and he was like how have I not heard of them yet? And I said well I don't openly share how cool they are because they are definitely cooler then me. As a friend once said, "do you feel like they are part of a club that you will never be a part of?" No, but now I do. Thanks whoever said that.

More big news of the week: Cheypie has made it to Spain. This nickname was given to me by my Papa when I was like born, and it somehow has carried into my 20 1/2 + 1 day years of life. There are a gillion ways to make a nickname out of Cheyenne, but for some reason cheypie just sticks. Someone here heard the name and it is now making it's rounds. And, I don't call myself this, so it really has to travel by others. This story is for you Ashley. And mom and dad and papa and whoever else cares or reads this I guess.

I had lunch with Zadith and Jorge today. Zadith gave me some chocolate and then some dark chocolate for Maria since she knows that is her fav. How sweet! Also, the word intercambio has caused quite the commotion today. It is pronounced with a spanish accent, duh, and I cannot get that concept down. I say it so American and it wasn't until today that I found out everyone laughs at how I say intercambio everytime I say it. But when I try and say it with an accent, it sounds so fake and dumb and it's not even worth it. Anyways, I love Zadith and Jorge.

Tonight I'm tutoring and then going out for Paella for dinner. So. Stoked. Also, the sun is out. Way to get it together Madrid. Well, off to Rome in the morning! Adios!

1 comment: